Facing temporary blindness in the morning. What could be causing this?

My healthy, active niece complains of brief, temporary blindness in the morning. She "has to wait for her vision to return because it goes away every morning XXXXXXX I don't live with my niece, so I can't give much more detail than this. I haven't found anything else useful online.
Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 4 hours later

Thanks for the query

The common causes of transient blindness in this age could be due top migraine, occipital epilepsy etc.

She would require a joint evaluation by an eye specialist and neurologist who will help her through clinical evaluation and investigations like MRI scan of the brain/optic nerve and EEG (A TEST WHICH WILL TELL US IF SHE HAS EPILEPSY).

Hope this helps
Please get back to me in case you have any concern
Best wishes