Facing irregular period problem. How to cure this?

My mensuration cycle does not happen periodically, sometimes it happens twice a month.
Please help me regarding this.
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 21 minutes later
Irregular cycles is a common problem faced my many women.The commonest cause for this at your age,is usually, hormonal imbalance.Sometimes any pelvic pathology like cyst,endometrial hyperplasia etc also may be the cause. First you need to get some blood tests done to test for hormonal imbalance. Next,an ultrasound pelvis is needed to rule out any pathology. If the ultrasound is clear,then oral medication can be given to you to regularise your periods. I suggest you see your doctor first,so that the hormone tests can be prescribed to you. And go from there.