Eye twitching, worsens during sneezing or closing eye, headache. Brain tumor?

yes, my left eye has been twitching for about 3 wks now. It is worse when I sneeze or close my eye and open them or especially while bending over. I have had headaches also for about 3 wks. I work out and the headaches and twitching do not get worse. I am concerned about brain tumors is this a possibility?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

Eye twitching can be due to fatigue, stress, lack of sleep and caffeine. Once spasms begin, they may continue off and on for a few days. Other than that, it can be due to blepharitis, light sensitivity, dry eyes or bell’s palsy.

Eye twitching is rarely caused by brain tumor but since you are having headaches persisting for 3 weeks, it needs to be evaluated. You should consult a physician and get a CT/ MRI head done to rule out any organic cause of headaches like an aneurysm or a brain tumor.

Till that time, get adequate sleep, take less of caffeine and try lubricating your eyes with lubricating eye drops.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.