Experiencing tightness, slight pain in stomach area and blood from vagina. What's wrong?

Jan 2013

hi , I am experiencing tightness and slight pain in stomach area, feel like I want to poop but when I go bathroom nothing there, have had a little blood from the vagina area, but I had a hysterectomy a few years ago , and in august had my gallbladder removed....Very very uncomfortable feeling in stomach area
What is wrong with me?
Posted Mon, 18 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 29 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the associated symptoms along with abdominal pain.
What is the type of abdominal pain? whether spasmodic or burning type.
Do you have nausea or vomiting/ fever/generalized weakness?

With the available described symptoms, there appears to be possibility of acute bacterial gastroenteritis.
Presence of frequent urge to poop and nothing coming out and abdominal pain suggest the diagnosis.
This type of infection may also be associated with bleeding per rectum.

Kindly recheck the site of bleeding; whether vaginal or rectal.
As such there is no correlation between past history of gall bladder removal and present symptoms.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist and gynecologist simultaneously and should go for thorough check up.
You should go for per vaginal examination to rule out any cervix pathology.
You should also go for ultrasound imaging, complete hemogram, serum amylase and liver function test.
You should take complete antibiotic therapy, probiotics and proton pump inhibitors.
You should also take antispasmodics for relief of abdominal pain.
You should take soft diet along with yogurt.
Avoid milk and all milk related products.

Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Experiencing tightness, slight pain in stomach area and blood from vagina. What's wrong? 14 minutes later
Thank you for your answer,

Yes I do feel nauseated and feel like throwing up, yes I feel very feverish but no actual fever and I feel weak and have a bad headache, the blood is slight is from the vagina area definitely and its not there on every wipe.

I do have a drs apt tomorrow with my gynecologist.
sorry I forgot to write that the abdominal pain is both spasmodic and burning , its comes and goes , sometimes when it comes I want to kneel over , even when im in the bathroom I wish to kneel over cause it hurts....

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 4 minutes later
You should definitely consult with gynecologist and get proper examination.
You should also go for above prescribed investigations and treatment.
With the presence of above mentioned symptoms, there is high chances of gastroenteritis.
Get well soon,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava