Experiencing thick light vaginal discharge. Underlying cause?

I'm having some thick light XXXXXXX discharge funny to say but it's the consistency of a light XXXXXXX clay facial mask? Thank so much.
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 24 minutes later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

If you could be so kind as to mention the following:
-Your age
-Your sex
-Where exactly you are experiencing this discharge from
-Any other symptoms along with the discharge (eg. itching, unpleasant odor of the discharge, burning sensation from site of discharge, etc.)
-Also if this discharge is from your genitalia, are you sexually active and when was your last sexual contact?
-When you first noticed this discharge

Please bare with me, as this information will greatly help me in helping you.

Best wishes.
Follow-up: Experiencing thick light vaginal discharge. Underlying cause? 10 minutes later
I'm 37 the discharge is coming from my vagina itching no burning I have had sexual contact and am married I'm concerned since I just have one partner also theirs a slight odor
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 13 minutes later
Hello once again.

Thank you for that information. This will greatly assist me in helping you.

The possible causes for thick light/lime XXXXXXX discharge from the vagina in order of their possibility (taking into consideration your details) are the following:
-Bacterial vaginosis (can be treated with a course of antibiotic therapy lasting 7-10 days)
-Yeast infection (treated with a course of anti-fungal medication)
-Chlamydia (treated with a course of antibiotic therapy)
-Gonorrhea (treated with antibiotics, either a single dose or a longer course)
-Lichen sclerosus (treated with steroids and clobetasol propionate)

Do not worry, as all these conditions can be easily treated within a duration of 7-28 days. I request you to please consult a doctor (gynecologist) for an evaluation, diagnosis and treatment accordingly.

Also, in the meantime, please consult your husband and ask if he is experiencing any symptoms, as all the above mentioned infections can cause symptoms in both partners. Also, please avoid sexual contact with your husband till you are completely treated. Do not worry, these infections are common and if appropriately treated and supervised, never recur.

I hope you found my response helpful and informative. Do write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help.

Best wishes.