Experiencing shortness of breath. Periods for 7 to 8 days. What can this be?

experiencing shortness of breath. first time for a period of 7-8 days. primarily at night or when chilled. recent leaking skylight, dampness in walls for 3 weeks. spotted some mold on wall.
Posted Fri, 30 Aug 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 22 minutes later
Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX After going through the query, I would like to comment the following:

1. you seem to be having breathlessness since a week.

2. You need to visit a Pulmonologist/ Your physician at the earliest.

3. Considering your allergy history, you need to be evaluated in detail.

4. Investigations required include: chest xray, pulmonary function tests and serum IgE levels. Also any cardiac cause needs to be ruled out by 2decho / stress testing, considering your history of hypertension.

5. Presently there is a possibility of acute bronchitis. You need to get investigated as above to rule out any associated obstructive airway disease. Is there any associated cold?

6. Management may include inhalers and oral bronchodilators.

7. Thus get evaluated with a Pulmonologist as soon as possible.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
Consultant Pulmonologist
Replied by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra