Experiencing pain in vagina during sexual intercourse. What is causing this?

Question
I've a sexual problem with my wife. We've been together almost a year now, and we have regular -but not daily- sex. Everything is great except that when I do it from behind ( i.g. doggie style ) she screams like she experienced an unbearable pain! Even that I don't get so deep, I barely touch her vagina!
At first, I thought that this would go with time but it didn't, and she's not comfortable with the idea of going to a doctor. I tried to understand what exactly hurting her, but I couldn't know anything except that it's the outside of the vagina, could be the labia of the clitoris ... I'm not sure.
We are both young and healthy, and I may have to mention that I'm her first man to sleep with.

Any advice is appreciated,
Thank you.
Posted Fri, 10 May 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 3 hours later
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

The above said problem is called superficial dysperenia.
It is usually seen due to local(labia) inflammation, swelling , endometriosis.
It could also be wrong direction of penetration.
Get your wife examined in detail by a female Gynecologist.
Convince her that there is nothing wrong in getting examined. Its for their (both) own good.

Let me know if you need further clarification. I will be happy to help.
regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Experiencing pain in vagina during sexual intercourse. What is causing this? 15 hours later
Thank you for answering.
I googled the case "superficial dysperenia", I found that this usually couse by an infection, and comes with a dry vagina. I think that this is not the case sense she doesn't feel any itches or burns, and she doesn't feel the pain in the missionary position or when she's on top!

I will try to convince her to get examined, but it would be easier if I know something about the problem.

Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 4 hours later

She has some minor pathology on the posterior aspect of vagina.
That is why she is quite comfortable in missionary position.
Anyways, just a simple examination will clear all the doubts.
Be considerate towards your wife and convince her get examined.

regards,
Dr Nilofer