Experiencing pain in butt cheeks. Medical cure?

Question
Hi I am 41years old and sometimes my but cheak hurts me and when it hurts it hurts me bad and painfully

Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
The intermittent pain in your butt cheeks is likely to be a muscular pain due to overuse. Most of the times such pains are benign in nature and can be taken care of with hot fomentation, rest and mild pain killers( motrin). In case the pain persists then muscle relaxants may be required.
If there is any associated pain in the lower back then a disc related problem needs to be ruled out after a proper examination and investigations like MRI scan.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.