Experiencing pain and heaviness in chest, shortness of breath, feeling dizzy. Proper diagnosis?

Sharp pain on left side upper chest shoulder area.. Feels Heavy on the chest to breath I seem to get these pains once a week it's usually accompanied with slight dizziness my aunt once had a pacemaker for her heart her diagnosis was that her heart beat was to slow she was a busy woman before she retired this is all I can think to add I hope it's enough thank you XXXXXX
Posted Wed, 8 May 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 1 hour later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
Upper chest pain with breathlessness has wide differential diagnosis. It can be simple muscular pain , pain due to cervical spodylosis, cardiac problems like myopathy.
Considering family history if heart disease you need to get basic evaluation. For this please consult your physician or cardiologist. Investigation like chest xray, 2 D echo for heart and if necessary MRI of cervical spine may be necessary. However it's decision can be taken after clinical examination of chest and heart.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.