Experiencing intermittent numbness along the jawline, on left side of face and neck. Cause?

yes I have been experiencing intermittent numbness i\along t the jawline on the left side of my face and neck usually at night and occasionally during the day
Posted Sun, 15 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thank you for sending a question.

It is possible that there might be some compression of one of the nerves involved in Sunsation of your face. I think this is something which you should discuss with your primary care physician. I would suggest that you make an appointment as soon as possible for a good physical examination and consultation.

The other consideration is that if there is some type of disruption of blood flow to certain parts of the brain it could cause numbness and tingling like this. This is why I think you need to see your doctor as soon as possible.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional specific concerns.

Dr. Galamaga