Experiencing breathing problem. Feeling like air does not go behind the collar bone and inhale forcefully. Treatment?

I am experiencing breathing problem. Frequently, I feel like I need some air and then when I inhale forcefully, it feels like the air does not go beyond the collar bone or something
Posted Wed, 11 Sep 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possibly Anxiety / need investigation

Detailed Answer:
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

This picture is highly suggestive of Anxiety...
See an Internist
Get yourself examined
At times, basic investigation may be necessary / Lung function test (Spirometry), ECG and X-ray chest are usually done – to exclude physical causes and reassure...
Psychological assessment and assistance can be useful...
The treating doctor can suggest further based on his assessment of the situation.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck