Excessive masturbation for seven years, over fifteen times a week. Will it affect my fertility and sexual life?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
i have been mastrubating since seven years like 15 times a week will i become sterile of will it affect my marriage life
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Men Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
I would like to let you know that Masturbation is absolutely normal and it wont have any effect on your health or fertility. Excessive masturbation is not going to affect your married life in any way. You can indulge in it as long as it is not painful. Do it only when you are sexually aroused like four to five times a week.
There is no fixed rule that you should masturbate only up to some times per day or week. Frequency of masturbation depends on many factors like a person’s sexual tension, hormone levels influencing sexual arousal which are usually more in young age, sexual habits, culture in which that person is residing and general health.

As the age advances sexual urge decreases because of hormones and frequency of masturbation or having sex decreases. At a younger age people usually have more sex drive and their frequency of masturbation is highest.

You can indulge in this activity as long as it is pleasurable and you have the drive for it. It should not cause any guilt feeling or pain or discomfort. But avoid doing it with any object which causes trauma to the genitalia.

I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Follow-up: Excessive masturbation for seven years, over fifteen times a week. Will it affect my fertility and sexual life? 6 hours later
does it make me lean affect my height or body growth because i still look very young my height is only 5.6 feet and will i have premature ejaculation when i have sex with my wife and make her feel unsatisfied because many friends tell me like if u mastrubate excessively ur intercourse will not last for ten minutes also sperms will come soon and ur wife will be highly unsatisfied so that we have less chance of giving birth to a baby,another thing i think i feel less confident by doing this ,it gives me lot of mental stress ,lots of mental problems and it makes me feel i m inferior to others i feel pain in my legs after doing it ,but then after some time pain goes off please answer for this respected doctor y is it making me feel inferior like this and giving me mental stress more

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 38 minutes later

Thanks for writing again.

Masturbation does not have any effect on height or body composition. Your height and body composition is mainly genetically determined.

Excessive masturbation can gradually decrease your ejaculation time as it decreases the excitement involved. But this does not affect your chances of making your wife pregnant. There is no effect on sperm health so you can become a father without any difficulty.

Yes, excessive masturbation is associated with mental stress and anxiety in some. In such cases, it is best to avoid it as much as possible.

The pain in your legs is incidental and is nothing to be worried about.

Hope my answer is helpful. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Regards.

Follow-up: Excessive masturbation for seven years, over fifteen times a week. Will it affect my fertility and sexual life? 2 hours later
only one thing doctor my age is 22 my height is 5.6 are there any chances to grow some 2 to 3 inches if so what kind of steroid injections i must use is it harmful and i m from chennai which medical association or doctor should i consult ,in tv i see an advertisement using dr.ayurveda herbal pack some hindhustan lever company which will improve height it seems can i use it doctor please answer for this

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 14 hours later
Hello
Increasing your height at the age of 22 is quite a challenging task. After you attain puberty, the long bones of the body stop growing further as their growing ends fuse with the bone. These bones then attain a permanent size.
There are many pills, injections etc available through internet which claim to increase your height. Their effect is doubtful and do not waste your time, energy and money on them.
Regular yoga practice is known to help in improvement of the posture and ease tension in the body which, in turn, can help make a person feel taller. Several yoga positions can help to maximize these effects.
Your height totally depends on your age and in some cases your family average height. Drinking milk , stretching and proper sleep can increase your height as the secretion of growth hormone is increased during the sleep specially in the early morning hours.
To produce extra Growth Hormone, develop an effective grow taller exercise program. Scientific studies have shown that the brain releases a larger quantity of GH after aerobic exercises.
Hope this helps you.
Please accept the answer if there are no further queries.