Episode of dysentery followed by tiredness, poor skin, sore throat, white coated tongue, sore lymph nodes in armpits. Related?

Hi, I was recently in Thailand and came home rather sick with disentery. 6 weeks later and my XXXXXXX has never quite recovered. I have continually been tired, have had poor skin, vommiting or diahorea after drinking alcohol ( not in excess), sore throat, white coated tongue, light periods and break through bleeding and now swollen and sore lymph noids in both armpits. Could this all be related?
Posted Sun, 9 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Hi Nicolareidnz,
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
You are having definitely some sort of infection.
How was your trip, did you have uncooked foods or salads etc.
What about any other activity like sharing drugs, travelling in congested public transport, any history of sexual exposure with little known person all need to be considered in detail.
Please let me know if there is any of above related to you.
Also let me know if you have loose motions with cramps and pain, loss of appetite or fever or cough.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!
Follow-up: Episode of dysentery followed by tiredness, poor skin, sore throat, white coated tongue, sore lymph nodes in armpits. Related? 9 minutes later
I did have some uncooked foods, however no meats. No exposure to drugs or sexual partners. Bowel movements have been normal apart from after drinking alcohol. I have had slight cough. I have lost around 7 kg, most of which was in first week of being sick with disentery. I am very tired all of the time and quite often feel nauseous. Usually a very energetic active person
I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow, are there certain things I should make point of or questions to ask her? Thanks
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 15 hours later
Welcome back.
You have a significant weight loss and again it shows a need for work up for infective etiology.
It is good that you are going to see the physician today, a physical examination is worth while and will give lots of clues.
You should get a complete blood count, renal function test and liver function test, blood and urine cultures, blood tests for malaria, typhoid and leptospira should be done.
Urine routine examination should also be done.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.