Enlarged uterus, heterogeneous myometrium, Nabothian cysts of cervix. Can you explain what these findings are?

May 2013
Hello, Can you help explain what these findings are?
The uterus is enlarged is 12.8x5.1x5.5 cm per the myometrium is heterogenous a focal or measurable mass or cyst. The endometruim is 6mm and normal. There are Nabothian cysts of the cervix of varying sizes. The lefyt ovary is non visualized. The right ovary is 2.5x1.4x2.2 cm. No adnexal mass. No free fluid. The uterine is midly enlarged. There is no myometrial mass.
Posted Fri, 21 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 35 minutes later

according to your scan findings,
-uterus is more than normal in size,

-myometrium heterogeneous means there is some abnormality in myometrium like,
adenomyosis- in which endometrial tissue grows into myometrium, so it causes heterogeneous area in scan and also causes enlargement of uterus,
fibroids- small intramural fibroids sometimes can appear as heterogeneous areas in myometrium and multiple small fibroids can lead to enlarged size of the uterus, but usually these can be recognized as mass unless very small in size,

-endometrial thickness is normal, according to 6mm it should be around few days before menstruation,

-nabothian cysts of cervix - indicating chronic pelvic infection,

-left ovary non visualization - indicates possibly removal of part or entire ovary previously or may be situated behind some structure so not visualized in scan,

-right ovary- normal in size.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.