Enlarged testicle, soreness, swollen after lifting weights. Help

A day or two after lifting weights I developed an enlarged testicle and general soreness that comes with weight lifting in the pelvic area. I'm sure it's from doing dead lifts. It hurts and is swollen to maybe twice its normal size.
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 39 minutes later
Good Day and Thank you for being with healthcare magic!

I would suggest seeking consult ASAP for a complete physical examination. Conditions that would be considered are an incarcerated inguinal hernia, testicular torsion and lastly orchitis or an infection and swelling of the testis.

1. Incarcerated inguinal hernia is an emergency that consists of an intestinal segment that is trapped inside the scrotum. The danger is it might lose its blood supply and become necrotic ( fester inside the body). This presents as sudden testicular pain and common among weight lifters. This is associated with fever, abdominal pain and sometimes vomiting. Treatment is surgical.

2. Testicular torsion is also a urologic emergency where the testis twists on its own stalk thereby losing its blood supply. Presents also as sudden pain in the testis and vomiting. Treatment is detorsion in the emergency room then surgery to fix the testis and prevent future torsions.

3. Orchitis is an inflammatory condition that is caused by a bacteria that causes the testis to swell and become painful. Usually comes from a bladder to the testis. Treatment consists of pain relievers and antibiotics.

I would really emphasize you need to see a Urologist for him to determine the reason for the swelling and pain in your testis and he might request for an ultrasound and a urinalysis.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at: WWW.WWWW.WW I would gladly help you. Best wishes.
Follow-up: Enlarged testicle, soreness, swollen after lifting weights. Help 33 minutes later
I had TURP 1/2012 and have dealing with retaining urine. I XXXXXXX myself 2-3 times a day. I'll bet it is infection don't you think?
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 2 minutes later
I would think it would be infection since UTI and orchitis are common after TURP and patients on intermittent catheterization. Hernia would also be a possiblity since it is common in your age group.

Sincerely yours,

Manuel C. See IV, MD DPBU