Endometriosis. Had light pink discharge. Due to birth control? Is this a miscarriage symptom?

i have endometriosis and thought i was having normal brown discharge for the past couple days. today i went to the bathroom and in my underwear was a 2-3 inch around light pink sac looking discharge. i have never had this happen before. i have had cysts in the past. what could this have been? I just went back on the Nuva Ring XXXXXXX 2nd and didn't have my period, it is usually between the 30th-7th but i believe it is due to the birth control. could this have been a miscarraige? i did not have heavy bleeding just heavy brown discharge.
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Since you started using Nuvaring from 2nd January then the chances of pregnancy in this cycle are there. Your periods haven't come. The pink sac like flesh you expelled is likely to be a miscarriage. Heavy bleeding is not always associated with miscarriage. Insertion of nuvaring can cause the miscarriage.

You need to visit your gynecologist to check if your nuvaring is still in place.

Please watch for any heavy bleeding in the meanwhile.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Endometriosis. Had light pink discharge. Due to birth control? Is this a miscarriage symptom? 8 hours later
I went to my gynecologist the 2nd and had my yearly pap smear, would she have been able to tell if I was pregnant? I know my nuva ring is still in place because I took it out and cleaned it off. Should I still go to the gynecologist? If it wasn't a miscarraige I was worried it was my endometrosis getting way worse. This happened yesterday and then and the day before I kept getting sharp vaginal pains.
Thanks for writing again.
While doing a pap smear it is not possible to diagnose a pregnancy.
If your nuva ring is in place then you can wait and watch for any more tissue pieces. It could have been a thick endometrial lining also.
In case such tissue pieces are persistent or are associated with a heavy bleeding then you need to consult your gynecologist for proper treatment.
Hope my answer is helpful.