Early period, took dicynone, transvaginal scan, CBC, DC, slow period, low vitamin D, FSH and E2 blood work. Suggestion?

Hello Dr. XXXXXXX my period started again just 3 minutes ago only and exactly after 15 days ago from my last period that lasted for 25 days. Just found out as well that my calcium is fine at 8.8 mg./dl but my vitamin D is only 17.20 ng/ml my T3 is 2.14 nmol/L T4 is 125.4 nmol/L and my TSH is 3.25 mIU/L. I drank again Dycinone 2x a day starting my first pill 20 minutes ago. My question is that when I see my OB and what tests again should i have I had my transvaginal scan a week ago and my OB said there is nothing she saw that concerns her at all she sent me for another CBC and my level are just fine at 12.8. I feel that I should have a DC but I just don't know when it is advisable. Also as advised by you I should undergo FSH and E2 on the 3rd day of my period which is 2 days from now. My period is very slow just pea size clot since last night should I still consider and FSH and E2 blood work day after tomorrow or should I wait on the second or third day of the regular flow? Any more advise Doc aside from my concerns?
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 1 hour later

Good to know that your calcium levels are normal.

Your Vitamin D levels at 17.20 ng/ml is also normal. You need worry about it.

Your thyroid profile is also normal.

Please do FSH test on day 2 of good menstrual flow.

Maintain a menstrual calender.

Please do Endometrial biopsy, there is no need for a new ultrasound currently.

It may be done if an additional new complaint or finding is noted.

Hope I have answered your query.

I will be available for your follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: Early period, took dicynone, transvaginal scan, CBC, DC, slow period, low vitamin D, FSH and E2 blood work. Suggestion? 7 hours later
Is endometrial biopsy painful? why can't I have the DC since you mentioned before it is both therapeutic and diagnostic... How long does the procedure last? What do I need to prepare myself for the procedure as I am Diabetic and HTN? How long does the biopsy result be done? WHen can I go back to work? is it okay to go home same day? when can I go back to normal activity? when can I have sex?

By the way my Vitamin D level at 17.20 is not sufficient and not normal as per the endocrinologist and I need a concentrated calciferol XXXXXXX weekly meds for it for five weeks to check my levels again in 3 months + sun exposure for 20 minutes at least 3 times a week. Are you sure that 17.20 level for D is normal doctor? please advise more...
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 14 hours later
Thanks for the query,

D and C is done under anesthesia.
Endometrial biopsy pains only slightly.

You will have to inform the doctor if you are taking any medicines, allergic to any medicines,have had bleeding problems or take blood-thinners( such as aspirin or warfarin)

If you have been treated for a vaginal, cervical, or pelvic infection.
If you have any heart or lung problems.

High blood pressure or diabetes doesnt pose any risk if they are well controlled.

The procedure needs hospital admission for few hrs say 4-6.
You may go home after that. Pain is not much.

Simple analgesics may be required for 2 days.

The result will come in 4 days.

You may go to work next day.

Sex possible after about a week when bleeding is completely over.

Low vit D needs treatment. You are already taking it.

Please complete it and do a regular check. You may also do bone marrow
density test if your physician feels the need of it.

Do regular exercise and take calcium XXXXXXX diet.

Hope my answer is sufficient .