ECG report shows 800 Normal Sinus Rhythm, 500 rSR pattern in V1/V2, 212 Left Axis Deviation. What does this mean?

My ECG report says, 800 Normal Sinus Rhythm, 500 rSR pattern in V1/V2, 212 Left Axis Deviation and Undefined Abnormal ECG.Please explain let me know what does it mean.

Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 58 minutes later
Dear patient

thanks for your concerns. the ekg as reported is for practical reasons quite normal; let me explain step by step; sinus rhythm is the normal rhythm of the heart. rsR prime pattern only means that there might be a discrete conduction delay of the electrical system of the heart, when the degree is higher it is called a right bundle block which you dont have ( blocked electrical activity to one side of the heart). Left axis deviation refers to the vector or direction of the electrical activity of the heart; enlargement of the left side chambers of the heart could cause that but also can be a normal variant in slim individuals.

If yoy have had a history of high blood pressure, those discrete changes could be explained by that, or if you are a slim person

best regards

Dr Brenes Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN