Dr said had folliculitis on scalp, took antibiotics. Having high fever, cough, lost voice. What can be wrong ?

Three days ago my doctor told me I had folliculitis on my scalp so she gave me antibiotics and said if I had a fever to come back. I had a raging fever the next day, two days ago, but I quickly got over it so it only lasted a day. Since then I have been coughing up XXXXXXX mucus and today I lost my voice. I have been getting frequent headaches and just some moments where I want to collapse. It just hits like one point in my head and makes me extremely dizzy. What's wrong with me?
Posted Fri, 13 Jul 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
You may be developing migraines.You need to be seen by a neurologist and also get a chest xray.The folliculitis should not be causing the headaches. You also need to have a fundoscopy. Migraines can develop slowly but they progress quickly unless treated.
You need to avoid 'trigger factors' like chocoloate,caffeine sunlight, etc.But along with that you will need medicines so please see your PCP as soon as possible.