Done with endometrium hysteroscopy. Trying to conceive. Have PCOD. Any hope?

Hi Doctor,
Good morning. I have the question running on my mind. I am 30 years old. Me & my husband have been trying to conceive from past 3.5 years. Marriage life: 5 years. I am visiting a infertility specialist. Initially when we started, we started with inducing for couple of cycles. When things did not work out. We went for an IUI..that too was not fruitful. Later the doc managed to get my endometrium hystroscopy and gave it for culturing & it came as positive. I underwent antitb medication for 6 months with a break on conceiving. After that when started new. Got pregnant but that too was a total mystery. My Beta HCG level was rising like crazy. Went till 82,000 odd. Then we had to get a D& C done. tested for Molar - came negative. And also there was not very sure chances of ectopic & uterine pregnancy. This uterine was collapsed in shape. so went for D& C. After that took 4 months break. Now am taking the treatment again. 2 cycles after that taking fertyl but no result. She said that we will see another few cycle of just fertyl and then will again inject or induce you with injections and take it ahead. The reason she is apprehensive since there are chances of multiple follicles growing since I have PCOD.
Height: 5'4''
Weight: 57 kgs.
Kindly advice.
Posted Sun, 10 Mar 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 6 hours later
Well Yes PCO can lead to multiple eggs ans and hence multiple pregnancy that means twins or more.
Beta hCG count upto 100k is possible in normal pregnancy>.Its good to know that it was not molar.
Please go ahead with fertility treatment as usual. If more than twin fetuses appear then a selective reduction can be undertaken.
There is no reason to wait for few months after one prganancy loss unless its molar.
So best wishes keep trying and you will achieve a successful pregnancy.
Keep taking folic acid