Done thyroid test. Am I suffering from hypo or hyper thyroid? What diet plans do I have to follow?

Infertility Specialist
Thyroid detection:From lab report

My age is 29yrs 9 months, married.
T3 level is 1 ng/ml
T4 level is 7.59 ug/dl
TSH value is 5.76 uIU/ml

Am i suffering from hypo or hyper-thyroid? If it is hyper, than what diet plans i have to follow and same for hypo-diet plans?What about risk in pregnancy and daily life? I feel weak too soon after doing household jobs, frequent mood swings and have massive hair loss?Please let me know the foods to be avoided?Waiting for your reply.
Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

Thanks for your query. Following is my reply:

Your have slight hypothyroidism. But it is not very high. So it does not need to be treated now. Hence I advice you following:

1) Please repeat the test after one month. Sometimes the value may be altered and hence you might get normal report.

2) Even if the TSH levels are high you can start on medications.

3) There is no need to change the diet plan as of now.

4) Since you are feeling tired after work, I suggest you get hemolobin tested for anemia and also blood sugar levels. Less hemoglobin (anemia) leads to early tiredness.

As of now I dont recommend medication based on only one report.

I hope I answered you query. Please accept my reply if no more queries.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: Done thyroid test. Am I suffering from hypo or hyper thyroid? What diet plans do I have to follow? 2 hours later
Thanks for the useful information.

Blood sugar level is 90 mg/dl as tested.
Again, I want to add one more info about my FT 4 LEVEL (free thyroxine) which is 1.05 ng/dl.

From Haematology Report:

Hb count is 9.8 gm/dl
Red cell count is 4.01mill/cumm
pcv 32.6%, and Total WBC Count is 5300 per cumm.

I would want to know is my hypothyroid is leading to excess hair fall ? and would be quite useful if u mention some basic food which needs to be avoided for further decrease in hypo thyroid activity. And lastly, its impact on pregnancy.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 9 minutes later
Hi, thanks for reply. 1) In your situation anemia is more problem than hypothyroidism. 2) Hair fall also could be related to anemia. 3) Please have iron XXXXXXX food like dates, XXXXXXX etc.. 4) There is no need to worry about hypothyroidism now only. Please repeat the test next month and follow up with reports. Hope fully your thyroid will be fine. Please accept my answer if no more queries. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol