Done sugar test. Comment on report?

Ayurveda Specialist
Please find my Sugar test report which is done on August.

Fasting : 145
PP :190
Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 6 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
In ayurveda diabetes is regarded as madhumeha and it has various forms as prameha and hasti meha etc. As far as madhumeha is concerned the presence of sugar in urine and in blood are responsible for many complications if left untreated. It is good that you are getting it treated regularly.
Fluctuation in lab reports can be attributed to number of factors which include diet stress and not proper response to the medication.
We believe this leads to ojh kshaya [ lowering of immunity]. There are number of herbs that act as home remedies to maintain it within normal limits.
These days glass tumblers made of beejasar wood are available in which water is kept overnight and taken early morning. This helps to maintain normal level. Seeds of methi also serve the same purpose.
I will not advice you to discontinue allopathic medicine abruptly and shift to ayurveda but make it a gradual process. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX ras with gold and diabecon are the medicines which can be added and as things are normal gradual shift can be made.
Let me know if you have any more questions