Does the papaya juice helps in dengue fever?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Does the papaya juice helps in Dengue fever? Does it helps in increasing the low platelet in the body during dengue fever?
Posted Sat, 17 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 27 minutes later

The extract of raw papaya leaf helps boost platelets.

Traditionally, the juice of papaya leaf has been found to be useful in the treatment of dengue fever.

The papaya leaf juice will not be as effective during the final stages of dengue fever since, by then, the patient’s organs are already badly affected by the disease.

Papaya leaves contain important nutrients that support the immune system, including vitamins A, C, and E.

- You need 2 pieces of raw papaya leaves
- Wash thoroughly, pound and squeeze with filter cloth.
- Drink 1 tablespoon per leaf. Therefore, 2 tablespoons per serving, once a day is to be taken.
- Do not boil or cook or rinse with hot water, it will lose its strength.

Papaya leaves are not known to have toxic effects and their consumption does not have side effects.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.