Does rough sex cause heavy bleeding?

Infertility Specialist
Im 45 been on birth control pills for 3-4 months to control major heavy periods. it finally worked but now I'm having a major one again with a lot of clots for 5 days now! the period won't lighten up! on Nov 1 I had sex with a guy I started was a little rough but no pain or anything. I had a light period a few days before and it was very light. could the rough sex have caused this heavy bleeding?
Posted Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Rough Sex Detailed Answer: Hi, Considering your explaination, I presume the pain is due to rough sex. I suggest you keep your pills on. This should subside in 3 to 4 days. If it does not subside please get ultrasound scan to check if bleeding is from uterus. Let me know if you have anymore doubts. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: Does rough sex cause heavy bleeding? 1 hour later
I didn't say I was in pain... Just very heavy bleeding ....I had an ultrasound a few months ago when this was happening but they found nothing.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Trauma Detailed Answer: Hi, There need not be pain. If there was minor trauma to the vagina during sex , it leads to such problems. As I said wait and watch is the best policy as it might subside. Especially nothing is found in uterus, this could be the diagnosis. Regards