Does my heart rate after an asthma attack indicate any abnormality?

General Surgeon
After an asthma attack my heart rate reads 45, my oxygen level read 75. How serious is this? I am a 50 year old female. I have a congenital heart defect. I got the flu in March 2010 and for 18 months it tried to kill me. I feel much better now. I changed my diet, environmental triggers are reduced, working on stress reduction.
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: This might be very serious. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. According to your heart and lungs disease this might be serious and can not be diagnosed on this website. There is a lot of possible reasons of your low heart rate (45 is really too low) as well as very low oxygen level (should be 100%). So please go to the doctor as soon as possible and do not risk with your health. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.