Does my blood report indicate liver or kidney disease ?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I just received blood test results and I am very afraid that I have either liver or kidney damage. I cannot find anyone to read these to me, the Dr. that ordered these will not see me until 12/20 and I need to know, I have the results here if someone can tell me what they mean.
Creatinine, 0.6
Bun/creat, 15.0
Ast, 62
Alt, 83
eGFR 105

Do I have any stages of liver or kidney disease?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later

Normal creatinine levels are 0.5 to 1.0 mg/dL (about 45-90 ╬╝mol/l) for women.
Normal BUN/creatinine ratio is 10:1 to 20:1
Normal results of GFR range from 90 - 120 mL/min.
Normal range for SGPT (ALT) is 10-40, SGOT (AST) is 10-35.

So from your reports it is clear that ALT and AST levels are mildly elevated.

Such mild rise in liver enzymes might be due to alcohol intake, fat deposition in the liver or due to medicines like cholesterol lowering agents, aspirin, etc.

Further investigations like ultrasound scan of abdomen are needed to find out the cause.

Definitely I would reassure you saying that there is no major health concern with you. Do not worry. You should be fine soon.

I hope this answers your query effectively.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.