Does medication for Autoimmune pancreatitis have any side effect on 5 week old pregnancy ?

Im am a 27yr old female and am currently taking 300mg of Creon-pancreatic extract,600mg of gabapentin, 10mg of Amitriptyline and 20mg of Paroxetine daily to treat Autoimmune Pancreatitis and have found out Im am 5weks pregnant. I wanted to know the risks involve for myself and the baby if I go ahead with the pregnancy. Also can I continue to take my medication and have a future biopsy done?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 42 minutes later

Paroxetine is a pregnancy category D drug and predisposes the child to various cardiovascular defects if taken during first trimester of pregnancy( 0-12 weeks).

Gabapentin is pregnancy category C drug and may predispose the child to neural tube defects. Start taking folic acid supplements to avoid neural tube defects in the baby.

If you opt to continue the pregnancy, then a 3D scan is needed at 20 weeks of pregnancy to rule out the presence of these defects.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.