Does lower tummy pain and overflowing of brown blood an indication of possible miscarriage?

Mar 2013
hi my boyfriend and i had sex last Saturday.. and we are trying to have a baby. Ive never been on birth control ever. I'm not to suppose to get my period for another two weeks and I had lower tummy pain all day today like I was going to get my period. tonight I felt like I had to pee so many times and it was a few drops. the last time I wiped it was dark brown. so i stood up to put a tampax in which didn't go in easy.. but once i moved it around… it was like a ballon broke. over flowing the tampax with brown blood everywhere. so I went to the store to buy a pregnancy test and it said negative. this has happened before just not as intense a few years ago. I'm 36 and wondering if this is a miscarriage . please help
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: PELVIC ULTRASOUND + BLOOD B HCG TEST TO BE DONE. Detailed Answer: Hello Thank you for trusting us with your health concern. The description you provide DOES tally very much with that of a miscarriage. Since the pregnancy test is negative, please get a pelvic ultrasound scan done transvaginally as soon as you can. That would tell you if this was a miscarriage, and whether there are still retained products inside. Apart from that, this could be caused by an ectopic pregnancy , or a pregnancy still inside with a threatened miscarriage. Endometriosis, polycystic ovaries and endometrial hyperplasia - these are 3 other conditions which fit the XXXXXXX too. A simple pelvic ultrasound scan in combination with a blood B HCG pregnancy test will tell you what is really happening. All the best. Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.