Does low sperm count and phimosis affects ability to get pregnant?

Hello, I am involved with a man who is over 50. He has a very tight and long foreskin. When i did a research on it, I learnt that it is a condition is likely called phimosis. He is unwilling to get circumcised even though i have complained several times about my health. He also suffers from a low sperm count which has affected our ability to get pregnant. Could this condition be a factor? Are there any suggestions that you could make.
Posted Sat, 24 Nov 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Kindly let him--

1. Check his sugar levels and get it under control - if high.
2. Try retraction, cleaning of the foreskin and the penis head during showers with soap and water to maintain hygiene.
3. Apply lubricants like KY JELLY or coconut oil periodically to the foreskin to soften and moisten it.
If the above do not help, kindly see a doctor to see if the foreskin is too tight, presence of infection and whether medicines in the form of ointments would help.
It too tight, removal of the foreskin by surgery may be needed.

If not willing for circumcision, limited incision procedures like preputioplasty and dorsal slit can be done, though may not be cosmetic, but solves the purpose of keeping the skin loose that would help maintain hygiene.

Low sperm count is NOT related to tight foreskin.

Hope this helps, kindly get back for doubts if any---
Wishing you best health