Does high doses of potassium interact adversely with BP medicines ?

I'm 51, 6'2, 275, insulin controlled diabetic, hx of potassium, BP issues. In the last 2 months I'm having severe pain in my arms when I lay down. I think it may be one of my Mede. Recently my physician rxd high doses of potassium. Is it possible that it's interacting adversely with BP meds?
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 13 minutes later

The severe pain in your arms that you feel specially on lying down is more likely to be due to diabetic neuropathy rather than a side effect of potassium supplements that you have taken.

Potassium supplements are more likely to cause intestinal problems like diarrhea, vomiting, muscle cramps, slow heart rate, etc.

The pain or weakness that too which is persistent for last two months is more likely to be the effect of high blood glucose levels on your nerves.

Your physician can confirm the diagnosis after checking various reflexes and will prescribe methylcobalamin supplements accordingly.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.