Does cocaine affect my period?

can cocaine use affect your period
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
Brief Answer: possible Detailed Answer: Hello, Alcohol consumption and drug abuse can affect the menstrual cycle. It causes changes in metabolic processes and long term use can cause organ damage. Substance abuse in the long term, can cause changes in menstrual pattern, increased pain, even amenorrhea. Sometimes it can cause infertility. If you are having any problems, they need to be addressed.
Follow-up: Does cocaine affect my period? 15 minutes later
basically I just wanted to know if casual use can cause harm my friend and I we both are a month behind on our period and were just little concerned but since its both of us is it maybe just the cocaine usage because we don't do it all the time we have only been doing it for 6 months here and there .and she's on the pill I'm not
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility of other causes also Detailed Answer: You also need to consider the possibility of other causes, mostly hormonal, if pregnancy has been ruled out. There are several hormonal imbalances that may cause menstrual problems. You need to look into that also. I suggest you see a doctor and get some tests done along with an ultrasound. But if pregnancy is a possibility at all, rule that out first. Thyroid, prolactin, fsh and lh are some blood tests that should be done. Drugs can of course be a cause. But other causes should also be considered.