Does a ruptured hymen gets back to the original shape after a long period?

I need to know if there is any scientific research on hymen recovery. I want to know if the hymen recovers after intercourse or not. I have heard and read that when women do not have intercourse for a very long time, their hymen recovers and it may seem as she is a virgin again.
Posted Sun, 27 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 12 hours later

No, the hymen once ruptured cannot get back to its original shape.

If one does not have intercourse for a longer period, the vaginal orifice may be tight but cannot get the same hymen.

If you are having further queries you can write back.

Best wishes