Does a blood vessel project out from the bottom of the spleen and wrap around the spinal cord?

Dr. is my question. Though I'm aware the spleen is composed of blood vessels, and there is a splenic artery that runs from spleen to liver, is there any blood vessel that projects out from the bottom of the spleen and wraps around the spinal cord? End of question. Thank you. XXXX
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX The blood supply to the spleen is composed of : - splenic artery - splenic vein - splenic trabeculae The direct splenic artery or vein do not project out from the bottom of the spleen. There are other blood vessels branches coming from abdominal aorta and vena porta that has such projections. All the best! Dr. Benard