Does Zoloft and Ativan lead to fetal damages?
User rating for this question
I just realized despite efforts not to conceive that I am pregnant, My doctor cant see me for another week, the issue is I take 100mg of zoloft and .5mg of ativan for severe anxiety. i have been taking the .5mg ativan once or twice a week when the anxiety breaks through and the zoloft daily. I am very worried I may have damaged my baby. My last period was dec 20th and several home tests all were positive.
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Advised stop using drugs til doc's consultation... Detailed Answer: Hi, As the home tests you did were resulted all positive,this means that your pregnancy is confirmed. Both of the drugs you are using including Zoloft and Ativan are associated with fetal damages. I strongly advise to stop using the drugs until you see your doctor who will further evaluate your health status. I understand it might be difficult for you, but it is for the sake of your baby. You should start taking folic acid as your baby is under development stage to prevent malformation. Hope it was of help! Dr.Albana
People also viewed
- Borderline personality disorder mental illness
- Hands shaking during pregnancy
- Brain damage from zoloft
- Can zoloft cause brain damage
- Botox injections for muscle tone
- Does zoloft and ativan lead to fetal damages
- Can zoloft cause fetal cystic hygroma?
- Otrivin and ativan
- Dangerous side effects of botox
- Is pooping hard safe during pregnancy
- Botox neck pain side effects
- Is lady mastrebuting good during pregnency
- Hard bony lump on foot
- Yellow hands during pregnancy
- Stains on hands during pregnancy