Does Zoloft and Ativan lead to fetal damages?
User rating for this question
I just realized despite efforts not to conceive that I am pregnant, My doctor cant see me for another week, the issue is I take 100mg of zoloft and .5mg of ativan for severe anxiety. i have been taking the .5mg ativan once or twice a week when the anxiety breaks through and the zoloft daily. I am very worried I may have damaged my baby. My last period was dec 20th and several home tests all were positive.
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Advised stop using drugs til doc's consultation... Detailed Answer: Hi, As the home tests you did were resulted all positive,this means that your pregnancy is confirmed. Both of the drugs you are using including Zoloft and Ativan are associated with fetal damages. I strongly advise to stop using the drugs until you see your doctor who will further evaluate your health status. I understand it might be difficult for you, but it is for the sake of your baby. You should start taking folic acid as your baby is under development stage to prevent malformation. Hope it was of help! Dr.Albana
People also viewed
- Anti rabbies for pregnant
- Brain damage from zoloft
- Can zoloft cause brain damage
- Anti tuberclur used in pregnancy
- Does zoloft and ativan lead to fetal damages
- Can zoloft cause fetal cystic hygroma?
- Betnesol with antibiotics for 9 months pregnant
- Anti rabbies safe for pregnancy
- Otrivin and ativan
- Iron deficiency in hiv
- Iron deficiency and premature gray hair
- Growth hormone deficiency iga nephropathy
- Effects of anti tetanous to pregnant
- Iron deficiency how long tablets work
- Folliculitis and protein deficiency