Distance runner, runner's knee issues, bruised painful knee after run

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am a distance runner, and I have been having issues with 'runners knee' but today after my run I noticed a bruise behind my knee towards the outside and my knee hurts a lot. I don't know what I did, or if the two issues are related but what should I do?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. S S Soni 1 hour later

A person suffering from runners knee require a good care of knee till the lesion of the patella heals completely. You started your practice before the healing. in that case the knee becomes more prone to injuries, whether minor or major.

Now the line of treatment is
1. Take NSAIDs+ Serratiopeptidase combination
2. Comlete rest to the knee & don't bend the knee beyond 90 degree
3. Get an MRI done to find out the exact nature of injury happened this time

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries