Diet to lower SGPT and increase hemoglobin and iron levels of child?

General Surgeon
hi my daughter is 2.4 years she has low hemoglobin 8.0, high SGPT 88, and low iron, she is taking feronia XT adliv & Aptivate.. want to know what should be the diet to lower SGPT and help for better levels of hemoglobin & Iron
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Isolated SGPT elevation is not of concern Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Mr XXXX I would like to reassure you first that things can easily be taken care off. I do understand your concern and apprehensions. Anemia in this age group is due to contribution because of both childhooh physiological anemia along with dietary deficiency of iron. I would also like to reassure you about slightly elevated SGPT, in the presence of other normal Liver function test, isolated elevation of SGPT is not significant and requires no further attention. It will reduce over period of time. Coming to the diet advise i would advise the following 1. Substitute Jaggery for Sugar. Jaggery has rich Iron content and is helpful. Also giving her grounded groundnut and jaggery along with milk will be beneficial. 2. Diet Containing Ragi: Ragi Porridge or Ragi paste will be very helpful 3. Juice: Juice of mixture of Beetroot and carrots given willl be helpful 4. Avoid Diet containing maida(Refined wheat flour) 5. Boiled egg white is also helpful 6. Soup: Soup o green leafy vegetable like palak will be very helpful 7. Wheat Porridge or XXXXXXX or Lopsy : Whole wheat product also have good iron content. Depending o your dietary beliefs you can use the above . I hope it helped. If you need any further advise anytime , will be glad to assist you. You can write directly to me. Take Care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore Kaltari MBBS,MS,MCH Consultant Pediatric Surgeon