Diagnosed with uterine fibroid. Suffer heavy bleeding and mild dysplasia. Suggest effective treatment in Ayurveda?

Ayurveda Specialist
dear sir,
about three yrs back i was diagnosed with uterine fibroid of 36mm size but as things were controlled i did not take any treatment. but for last one year i was suffering from heavy bleeding duiring periods and also my period are prolonged so i underwent TVS and pap smear test and came to know that my fibroid size has increased to 44 mm and also i am suffering from mild dysplasia. for last one month after i had my last period i am suffering from continous but little bleeding and now again my next period 7 days are over but my bleeding has not stopped. I am 42 yrs . kindly suggest if i can have an effective treatment in ayurveda and can this bleeding be also a part of premenopause .
best regards
Posted Sat, 27 Jul 2013 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 1 hour later

Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health concern and going by your AGE, following necessary details are worth mentioning:

1.Your symptoms occurred around Peri menopausal age, and because you have undergone pap smear/TVS it can be presumed that Cancer of Cervix is ruled out which is one of the cause of bleeding.
2.Check your Hb%, WBC, Bleeding disorder profile, Thyroid Function Test.
3.In the mean time to control bleeding take drugs having Astringent properties like Ashokarishta, Usheerassav, Kaumaryassav (Baidyanath), Styplon (Himalaya), and take Amalaki juice 15ml with brown sugar in morning. Because size is more than 10mm, drugs or treatment will have a conservative and not curative role (you will get relief from symptoms, but again things will get controlled but size will keep on increasing).
4. Perimenopausal bleeding is natural part of your life. But because fibroid is associated in your case, I would definitely advise you to be evaluated by your Doctor. He/she can consider Hormone Therapy (pills).
5. If bleeding is not controlled despite the medications, you might need to consider Hysterectomy. Because it is progressive fibroid (increase in size), “Total Abdominal Hysterectomy” is the treatment of choice.

Please revert back with your concerns for further necessary suggestions and effective management.

Dr. Munish Sood
MD. (Ayu.) Kayachikitsa
Consultant & Physician
Naimittika Clinic
Follow-up: Diagnosed with uterine fibroid. Suffer heavy bleeding and mild dysplasia. Suggest effective treatment in Ayurveda? 1 hour later
can this fibroid not be shrinked thru treatment? i'v searched that ayurveda has an effective treatment for fibroids. i do not want surgery. kindly advise.
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 5 hours later
The consultation was given keeping in mind the AGE and nature of disease,but as you don’t want surgery,following line of management is provided:
1.     Avoid mustard oil,hot spices (Garam masala), too cold-slimy-citrus food, pickles,curd,buffalo milk,constipating,hot and heavy food.
2.     Take root of Sharpunkha (Tephrosia purpurea) and powder it fine and take 10gm every morning on empty stomach with fresh water. (due to its anti inflammatory,analgesic,anti cancer, immunomodulatory,antioxidant property it is the most useful single drug in uterine disorders).
3.     Kanchnaar guggulu when taken with fresh juice of mundi (sphaeranthus indicus) result in gradual dissolving of fibroid.
4.     You can consult with an Ayurveda Physician there for drug combination of Ashokarishta,Kaumaryasav,Patrangasav,Lodhrasav,Pushyanug Churna
5.     Home Remedy: take 1 ripe banana and mix 6gm of cow ghee in it and eat daily.

Dr.Munish Sood