Diagnosed with small cell lung cancer. Undergoing chemotherapy. Radiation advised. Will True beam STX helpful?

Dec 2012

Hi my wife has been diagnosed with small cell lung cancer. She has had two rounds of Chemo and is due for the third round tomorrow. She has had few side effects so far. The next step in the treatment is radiation. I have read about True Beam STx as a majopr step treating some mhard to get at cancers. Is my wife a candidate for this treatment?
Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in Lung Cancer
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

I am sure that before your wife's doctor indicated radiotherapy I am sure there must have evaluated if your wife has any contraindications to the therapy and found that there is none and that she can be a perfect candidate. Combination of chemo and radiotherapy is quite effective for treatment of small cell carcinoma. All in all, small-cell carcinoma is very responsive to chemotherapy and radiotherapy, and in particular, regimens based on platinum-containing agents. However, you should be patient enough with the treating doctors and let them take care of your wife so she can have a better health.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any further questions.
Dr. Bernard