Diagnosed with rocky mountain spotted fever. Developed pneumonia and allergic reaction. What to do?

i was diagnosed with rocky mountain spotted fever.Yesterday i finished my last dose of DOXYCYCLINE
it was a 14day cycle .Fife days ago i developed pneumonia in my left lower lung and started taking a seven day course of LEVOFLOXACIN .After four days i developed some allergic reaction and my doctor told my to stop taking the medicine.Tonight is my first night with out antibiotics and i feel short in breath an i half cold sweats but no fever.I would like to know if i should be worried or what else i need to do.
Posted Thu, 23 Aug 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 2 hours later
Thanks for using the XXXXXXX I am happy to address your questions, if there are no further symptoms and shortness of breath does not continue then you need not worry as even a short course levofloxacin can also be adequate. If you have any worsening of breathing or fever then will advice you to kindly visit your clinician. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. Thanks