Diagnosed with pre cirrhosis of the liver. It is 50% larger and functioning at 40%. What stage is this?

Sep 2012

My friend was diagnosed pre cirrhosis of the liver it is 50% larger and functioning at 40% what stage is this as I do not feel he is being completely honest with me
Posted Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 3 hours later
Firstly, for grading / staging the cirrhosis of liver, full patient profile should be in hand. Because bilirubin, albumin, INR of Prothrombine time , presence and severity of ascites and encephalopathy all are used for Child-Pugh scoring system. In these scoring system cirrhosis of liver is classified in Class A,B,C. Class A has good prognosis whereas C has poor prognosis.
But 40% functioning liver indicates moderate severity.
From the data you provided I tried my best to answer you.
Let me know if you have any more data to have a better discussion.
Regards .