Diagnosed with post menopausal atrophic vaginnitis. Sitting is painful and have bleeding from labia. How to heal this?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
I have been diagnosed with post menopausal atrophic vaginnitis. Sitting is very painful, and I have had bleeding from the left labia. How does this heal
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Menopausal atrophic vaginnitis,left labia bleeding Detailed Answer: Hi, You are saying to be a diabetic. Commonly, diabetes is associated with vaginitis, especially with itching. Such itching (perhaps in left labia) could lead to bleeding. I'd suggest to consult a gynecologist (especially when you have itching) to - perform physical examination (check for any abnormal bumps or lumps or local lesions). - do trans-vaginal ultrasound - do PAP testing and other vaginal swab testing. Meanwhile, - keep good hygiene of your genitalia; - can use intimate washing cream or gel containing normal lactobacilli of the vaginal flora. Your gynecologist would give additional treatment according to the testing results. Hope it answered to your concern! If you have further concerns, do not hesitate to contact me again! Dr.Bardha