Diagnosed with hpv. Itchy bump appeared on vagina. Easy way to get cure?

Mar 2013
Itchy, wrinkly vagina with lesions...Hi, I'm 33 yrs old, was diagnosed wuth HPV at 19 but have never really had any issues. In the past regular paps were normal. I lost my job in 08 and hadn't had insurance until now, checkups duribg that time.
For the past 3 weeks ir so, I've been experiencing unbearable itching on my vagina. At first I thought it was just itchy because I shave and it always does that when the hair grows back.
Last week I knew something was wrong and I took a hand held mirror to take a look and was horrified by what I saw.
The whole area down there is much darker than normal. The lips are vrry wrinkly/raisin like texture (as opposed to smooth) and I have a lesion on the left side and sonething going in in the right side as well. On the inside of the lips it is also very itchy and there seem to be tiny, bumps as well. What can this be????
By the way, I have not had sex dince Feb. 2011...
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Thank you for your query.
What you describe sounds like some kind of infection.
Unfortunately, without examining you, it is difficult to define the exact nature of whats going on.
You could be having vaginal yeast infection, due to which the dryness and wrinkling would occur.
Also, there seems to be some kind of folliculitis also ( inflammation of the hair follicles due to itching ).
Regarding the bumps, given the history of HPV, it could be warts as you very well know.
I would recommend you to consult with your gynecologist.
Taking any OTC medication without a diagnosis would flare up the condition.
Keep the private parts clean and dry.
Do not rub or itch vigorously.
Wear non allergic cotton underwear.
Avoid moisture and dampness locally.
take care, and feel free to get back anytime.