Diagnosed with endometrial hyperplasia. Will this affect the ability to have baby?

Hi, I was diagnosed with having features of endometrial hyperplasia. My right ovary is enlarged with the presence of a cyst of 3cm and no periovarian fluid collection. No free fluid in the puch of XXXXXXX In the pelvis the uterus is not enlarged, with the central endometrial echo moderately thickened, but no intracavitary fluid. Could you please explain this a little further for me.I have done research and my doctor explained it but I am looking for a second opinion. I would like to know how it affects my ability to have children.
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 51 minutes later
Endometrial hyperplasia is basically thickening of the endometrial lining. Now the interpretation of this report varies depending on several factors like age, complaints, usg reports. In young women of reproductive age, endometrial thickness is seen normally during various times in the cycle. There may be some pathological and hormonal reasons for this too. According to your report, you have a right ovarian cyst. The endometrial thickness will depend on the time of the cycle this report was done. This isnt a reason you cannot concieve. But further tests are needed. What exactly are your complaints and why did you have tests?
Follow-up: Diagnosed with endometrial hyperplasia. Will this affect the ability to have baby? 58 minutes later
Thank You for your reply. I was having sexual intercourse and during this I began to bleed heavily. After a few hours of bleeding I fainted and was out for a few minutes approximately 2-3 mins. I was having cramps like the ones when I'm on my period but these were a lot worse. I passed a lot of blood clots but I saw one that was much bigger and it was blob like. Before this happened I was having irregular periods. I missed at least one period a year. I have cramps between periods and I bleed at times. I am usually fatigued.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 11 hours later
Sunce you dont bleed regularly,due to irregular periods,hyperplasia is expected. But this kind of heavy bleeding/cramps usually may have some pathological cause. You would need to undergo further tests. A hormone profile is necessary. The ovarian cyst can also cause irregular cycles and that should be treated. Its possible that you may also have endometriosis due to the pain,heavy bleeding. That should be ruled out also.
Right now,the hyperplasia is expected due to irregular cycles as there is no regular shedding. But the cause does need to be identified.