Diagnosed with P.D. Losing balance. Taking Stalevo, sifrol and Eldyprl. Had broken femur. Could Temaze causing balancing problem?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2013
Jul 2013

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH P.D. ABOUT 20 YRS AGO I AM JUST ENTERING STAGE 4
I AM L0SING MY BALANCE TO THE EXTENT I AM FALLING OVER UP TO 3 TIMES A DAY I AM TAKING ORALLY........STALEVO.SIFROL ELDYPRL SYMMETREL & APOMINE SUBCUTAIONIOUSLY
MY QUESTION IS THIS'I HAVE RECENTLY BEEN HOSPITALISED FOR 5 WEEKS WITH A BROKEN FEMUR & HAD TO TAKE 2 TEMAZE 10mg TO GET SOME SLEEP.I HAVE BEEEN HAVING 1 PER NITE AT HOME ..COULD THE TEMAZE TABS BE EXACERBATING MY BALANCE PROBLEM
COULD I GET SOME FEEDBACK FRIOM A NEUROLOGIST
THANKS XXXXXXX CORBETT-JONES
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Temaze worsens your unsteadiness.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

Yes, Definitely Temaze (temazepam) may exacerbates your symptoms of balance as it tends to produce side effects in the form of Balance and coordination problems.

So, I suggest you to consult your treating physician and discuss the issues.

Hope I have addressed your queries. Happy to help further.