Diabetic, take metform. Had urine infection took trimethoprim, have back pain. Cause?

I have a urine infection & I took trimethoprim 200mg. For a week now. One day I feel good & the next day
It's uncomfortable again but my real concern is I have got very bad lower back pain. Is this serious. I am 67 years
Old. Class 2 diabetic. Taking met forms. 1000mg. A day sugar is o.k. I bought test strips from my chemist. Combi 2 or five. They test for sugar, protein, ph, keystones, .something else. But that is all clear. What is this pain in. My lower
Back Dr. Can you help please ?.
Thank you,
It's not sexual as I Don't indulge. Too Old !,
Posted Sat, 21 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief require proper investigations to find the exact cause of your persistent lower back
Detailed answer...
There are few problems which specifically cause lower back ache  in people above the age of 60 years.These problem are....
Degeneration of joints in spine known as osteoarthitis and spinal stenosis.
Degenerative spondylolysthesis.
Osteoporotic pain in post menopausal women and diabetics
Other various conditions also.

What you need is proper evaluation of your condition by getting CT or MRI of lumbosacral spine done along with relevant blood investigations and physical examination by an orthopedician.

Treatment would require...
Taking anti inflammatory medications
Doing proper physiotherapy exercises
Adopting right postures
Taking proper supplements like calcium and VIT D etc.

I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck