Diabetic and have low thyroid. Started spotting with back pain and vaginal pain. Cause and cure?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
I'm a diabetic a also have low thyroid an I also had a total hysterectomy an a bladder lift 9 years ago so The problem I'm having now is low back pain vaginial pain peeing every hour can't hold it at all cramping in my lower stomache like I'm bout to have a period an haven't in years also I have had some blood when I wipe my vaginia an lots of dry scaley skin on my upper an lower legs an breast an stomache wat could all this mean I also take nexium
Posted Sun, 10 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sheeba Stephen 7 hours later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic.

The symptoms that you are experiencing could be due to the following possible causes:
1) Genital tract infection / Pelvic inflammatory disease
2) Both the above conditions can present with symptoms like frequent urination, lower abdominal pain, low back pain, discharge from the vagina, etc. Since you are a diabetic you could be more prone to develop such infections.

The dry, scaly skin on your legs and trunk is more likely to be due to your hypothyroidism.

However, sometimes, vaginal pain and bleeding could be indicative of a more serious problem in the cervix (the neck of the uterus).

So, I would suggest that you see a doctor, preferably a gynecologist, for a proper evaluation (you may need to have a few tests done like a urine test and a cervical swab test), in order to determine exactly what is causing your problems.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Sheeba Stephen