Diabetic. Undergone renal transplant. Reports show creatine-0.9 & blood urea-53. Normal?

My mother is 46 years old.She is diabetic & now gone through renal transplant.Right now her creatine is 0.9 & blood urea is 53.Please let me know how we can reduce the blood urea.
Posted Tue, 18 Jun 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 33 minutes later

Serum craetinine of 0.9 after kidney transplant is a very good level. Do not worry about urea. Urea changes with Diet, and by any Gastric bleed also. So what you can do is-

1. see if blood pressure control is good.
2. do a fasting blood sample for urea level.
3. see if HB is good.
4. take vegetarian diet.

urea should come down with this.

inform me about any repeat reports.

Follow-up: Diabetic. Undergone renal transplant. Reports show creatine-0.9 & blood urea-53. Normal? 23 hours later
my mom has Ecoli bacterial infection.she is in hospital nd today she had fever.Her stitches are open.
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 1 hour later

Urine infection can be treated with antibiotics according to urine culture reports, transplant medicine doses should be reviewed to keep them in normal range. what exactly do you mean by open stitches. when was the transplant done. generally stitches are removed after 3 weeks of transplant. and if the healing is normal no issue should arise from the stitches.

If urine infection is there patient should receive at-least 2 weeks of injectable antibiotics. infection can lead to increase in serum creatinine levels also.

but don't worry continue treatment under guidance of your nephrologist.