Diabetic. Suffering from cough. Suggest medications?

Dear Dr.
My Mother is suffering from Diabetiese for the last one year, I do not Know may be due to medicine or any other reason she is suffering from severe cough (Khansi). It been very difficult for her to have a sound sleep due to cough, kindly suggest
Posted Sun, 9 Jun 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Om Lakhani 10 hours later

I have gone through your mother's reports. The cause for the cough has little to do with her diabetes. It seems from your Pulmonary function tests report that you mother has what is known as a Restrictive lung disease. I would advice you to get done a simple Chest X XXXXXXX first. Further investigations would include an HRCT of Chest for your mother. I would also advice a PFT with DLCO if it is available at your place. This would help us accurately locate the cause of her cough.

With Warm regards
Dr. Om Lakhani, MD
Follow-up: Diabetic. Suffering from cough. Suggest medications? 20 hours later

Dear Dr.
Please suggest me a hospital in delhi for this disease for better cure.
Answered by Dr. Om Lakhani 1 hour later

I am not from Delhi so difficult for me to comment on a hospital in Delhi. Any multispeciality hospital with a Pulmonologist can help

Dr. Om Lakhani.