Diabetic. Have red grains like spots on my penis. HIV negative. Take medication for fungal infection. Suggest?

I get small red grains like spots on my pennis. I even tested for HIV and it is negative. This disappears in two or three days and after one or two months later it appears and says for two/three days. I am not diabetic as well. Taken twice medication for fungal infection. Please suggest what it could be.
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in to us.

What you experience is an intermittent penile rash like condition. It is important to know if there is associated pain or itching in your rashes.

If you have been diagnosed as having fungal infection earlier, then you need to take precautionary measures like keeping the genital area dry and wearing cotton inner wear once you are cured.

It could also be due to dermatitis, an allergy of some kind. This will disappear after taking anti allergic medications or by themselves and appear at a later date.

Genital warts is one condition that needs to be ruled out because of its variable presentation. However, genital warts will not disappear in 2-3 days as mentioned by you.

I would suggest you take precautions to prevent fungal infections in future and please consult a dermatologist for a definitive diagnosis of the red spots, should they recur again.

Hope this helps.
Should there be any further query, please feel free to ask.

Dr A Rao Kavoor