Diabetes. Gluconorm PG-1 and optisulin

Question
I am a diabetes patient & taking Gluconorm PG-1 & optisulin twice in a day but still my blood sugar is 180 at fasting ,what to do now,what medicine should i take?
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 58 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Initially you may take Tab. GLUCONORM PG1 thrice a day and OPTISULIN twice a day. Wait for 1 and 1/2 months to get a fresh fasting blood sugar.

Please give me your height in centimeter and weight in kilogram. If you are overweight you need to lose some weight.

There is need for you to undergo Glycosylated Haemoglobin Test. You may repeat Glycosylated Haemoglobin every 3 months.This will give a right picture about the control of blood glucose over a period of 3 months and assessing how effective the medicines have been.

Take less carbohydrates and fats.
Do regular exercise.
Eat small frequent meals (5 meals in a day). But there should not be increase in total food intake.

Hope this answers your query.I am available for follow ups as well

Follow-up: Diabetes. Gluconorm PG-1 and optisulin 44 hours later
Thanks for reply sir.My height is 176cm & weight is 75kg.
I have starting jogging now & its 15 days I m jogging about 3 km ,even after this fasting suger is 180.

Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing back.

You need to reduce your weight by 5 kg.

Follow the right diet and regular exercise as advised by me , be regular at it.You will see results gradually over a period of time .Give it some time for weight loss to happen.

As advised earlier you may take Tab. GLUCONORM PG1 thrice a day and OPTISULIN twice a day. Wait for 1 and 1/2 months to get a fresh fasting blood sugar.

Wish you good health